Quantcast Need help with probability problem (intro level)? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007   #1
Posts: n/a
Default Need help with probability problem (intro level)?

Lily frequents one of two fast food restaurants, choosing McDonald 25% of the time and Burger King 75% of the time. Regardless of where she goes, she buys French Fries on 60 of her visits.What is the probability that Lily goes to McDonald, or orders French Fries, or both?Please help!!!Yes, 60% of her visits, not 60 visits.Thanks!
Old 07-28-2007   #2
Lydia L
Posts: n/a

Old 07-28-2007   #3
Sarah is getting married!
Posts: n/a

The probability that she goes to macdonalds is 25% (25/100 = 0.25 if they want a decimal answer)The probability that she orders frenc fries is 60% (60/100 = 0.6)The probability that she does both is 0.25 *0.6 =0.15 or 15% of the time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
XP Math