Quantcast what kind of math do 9th graders have? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-26-2007   #1
samrules

Default what kind of math do 9th graders have?

what kind of math do 9th graders have?

Old 07-26-2007   #2
jawad a

it depends on school many do geometry like my school but some do algebra 1. Geometry in my opinion is the easier one

Old 07-26-2007   #3
its_victoria08

It is typically Algebra 1 unless the student is a year ahead, which some are. If so, it would be Geometry.At least, that's what it is here.

Old 07-26-2007   #4
candi M

Algebra

Old 07-26-2007   #5
jeanette c

where I'm from (Texas), most 9th graders take algegra I. However, the more advanced kids will take algebra I as 8th graders and take geometry in the 9th grade.

Old 07-26-2007   #6
I Love Will Turner

It depends on how good you are at math, and what you did in middle school, some have to do algebra. I did Algebra in eighth grade so when I was in ninth grade I did geometry.

Old 07-26-2007   #7
kerry k

That depends a lot on the school, and the ability of the students. When I was in the 9th grade, a lot of the students still had general math, with vestiges of the higher orders of math, such as Trigonometry, Geometry, and Algebra. All these were basic in nature, and not full courses in these disciplines. For those students who could handle the higher maths, Algebra was common, as well as the brightest having Geometry, and Trigonometry. The New York state school system used the delineation of Practical Local, Local, Regents, and High Regents. In reverse order, most able, able, less able, and thoroughly confused past 1+1, to handle higher orders of math, and abstract reasoning.

Old 07-26-2007   #8
The good George

umm, well, i live in mexico, and my friends that went to study 9th grade to the US, came back and had to repeat the grade because we have a higher, (i dont mean better) level of math,But i studied algebra in all of its colors, and geometry like scales and stuff like that.

Old 07-26-2007   #9
Shauna

It depends on the school and the student's ability.Those who had high school math in middle school will typically have geometry. Those who didn't have Algebra 1 in middle school will have alg1. If the student needs a different math, there are usually general math classes. Also, depending on the school, the student might be in the integrated series (mixes geometry and algebra over three years) instead of traditional Geometry and Algebra classes. I personally dislike the integrated math (I've had both thanks to school transfers).So, there are many factors; I'd suggest you find a copy of your local high school's program of studies (it has all available courses in it and recommended courses).