Quantcast looking at probability and chance, arent we all where we have to be at this - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-07-2007   #1
soda pop

Default looking at probability and chance, arent we all where we have to be at this

very instance in time? your born in a certain family, environment, year, decade, culture and subcultures, life is more multiple choice with 4 choices and one most likely choice than fill in the blank no?
Old 08-07-2007   #2
icarus62

In the sense that if 'you' weren't born exactly as you were, you wouldn't be you at all, then yes... but there is nothing more meaningful to it than that.
Old 08-07-2007   #3
flux

Life is certain. Absolutely everything is pre-determined (not that it was on purpose by some sort of god).
Old 08-07-2007   #4
muffin

absolutely...I do not believe in coincidences. We are exaclty where we are time, place, etc...for a specific reason. The answers for these reasons are not always immediately apparent. But, in reflection and retro-spect it all comes together. It's magical.
Old 08-07-2007   #5
mad as hell

It's not chance..there is no way to determine what effect one has when a choice is made and what other effects it will make on others.Sure there is the obvious cause and effect which is a choice, but if someone was meant to live or die is chance...not a choice.
Old 08-07-2007   #6
Cordova

I do not know anymore. I like to think everything happens for a reason but it may just be chance. If I spill a glass of water some of it will spill here, some of it there. Was there a plan behind where the water rested after being spilled or did it just work out that way? I must say. Whenever I am ready to chalk things up to chance I see strange occurrences, odd 1 million to 1 type occurrences that require everything to be just right in order for that thing to take place. I really do not have the answer but man ain't it interesting.
Old 08-07-2007   #7
mirroreyes9

Probably
Old 08-07-2007   #8
I'm Ted Bell

I'd say when you plan to do something, you "fill in the blank". Then when you act on the plan, you're stuck with set choices based on what you wrote in the blank..