Quantcast Statistic on excel? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-31-2007   #1
polly

Default Statistic on excel?

Statistic on excel? Can any 1 tell me how 2 do stats on excel.Or recommend any websites which are gud in teaching that.ThxAcutally, I'd like to do just the basic stats 1st, e.g. caculating T-Test and stuffs. The thing is I suppose to do those on SPSS but my boss want me to trail out on excel 1st, before they decide they shud buy the licence for the SPSS

Old 07-31-2007   #2
wayfaroutthere

I'd say excel's help is the best guide. Try this: Go to the function wizard (toolbar button with the fx mark on it, or find it in Insert->Function). There is a list of functions there, and you can sort by type to get the statistics functions. Then click on one of the functions and follow the 'help on this function' link at the bottom of the wizard to see if it does what you wanted. The wizard also helps you set them up on your spreadsheet.

Old 07-31-2007   #3
kingofclubs_uk

Excel does alsorts of stats - but the thing is they have to be meaningful. If you have a boss like mine, they have a thing for pretty graphs even if they don't actually mean anything.So the question I need to ask you is : What stats do you want and why?