Quantcast How can you study Mathmatics and algebra? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-24-2007   #1
kidcouture

Default How can you study Mathmatics and algebra?

okay I need to pass the math part of my GED , but Im too retarded to pass the math part , I knocked the other tests out the way. but the math one kills me. how do I study math with outa tutor , or teachers and stuff? I cant just read the book , it makes no sense to me!

Old 07-24-2007   #2
jjc92787

The best way is to do a bunch of practice problems so that you can get the procedures and methods down pat.

Old 07-24-2007   #3
toby d

memorize the equations and vocab. and do A LOT of practice problems. then you should be set.

Old 07-24-2007   #4
energeticthinker

Math, as you know, can be really tough.However, you can do it...if you are willing to focus and practice.First, check out a practice GED test, like the McGraw-Hill one (link below).Second, go find online instructions and practice problems that will help you figure out the stuff that you are 'weak' on. (see the second link to get you started).Good luck.

highered.mcgraw-hill.com

Old 07-24-2007   #5
m B

The way I studied for a math test like that was to reread the algebra book, cover to cover, doing all the odd-numbered exercises (because I can check the answers at the back).

Old 07-24-2007   #6
nishu

the good waythe smart waysame way as i didjku can always use onlineits the best wayi taught myself alg1-calculus2 in 1yearmy freshman high school yearim gonna be a junior now

Old 07-24-2007   #7
Maxis

If you really want to learn math, you have to get interested in it ! No interest to learn, then no matter how you learn, it will never get into your head ! To get interested means to put your time in it and start solving problems, seek help by asking your teachers, or your friends who are good in math, refer to reference text which helps you understand better, understand the problem you are solving and normally you have to learn the basic of math.Start with the topic which you like most, then you may test your understanding by going through problems. Why ? Because that will make you more confident later when you handle other "not so interesting" topic later. The more correct answers you get, the more interesting it will be... that is how i develop my interest. You are never too late to learn...remember that !!

Old 07-24-2007   #8
sparta923

Get a Job, and a diploma! and dont leave ****** answers on my questions! Thx!