Quantcast Geometry right after Algebra 1? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-17-2007   #1
Nicole G

Default Geometry right after Algebra 1?

I am entering 9th grade and I took Algebra 1 in 8th grade. I did okay in it I got mostly C's because I am not good at Math. In my freshman year schedule the school gave me Geometry instead of Algebra 2. My family and friends say I should keep this but I want someone else's opinion. Should I keep Geometry or change it?

Old 07-17-2007   #2
MrBrightside

yes i think algebra 2 is after geometry

Old 07-17-2007   #3
raildog

That is the order I took it in....Geometry is probably a little easier than Algebra 2......go with what they put you in and read the homework everyday and you won't have a problem.

Old 07-17-2007   #4
gymnast4life

Hey, I am going to be a 9th grader also and I took Algebra 1 in 8th grade. Geometry IS after Algebra.... it goes like this.-Alg 1-Geometry-Alg 2stick with geometry!!! most ppl I know say that it is easier than algebra 1!then, there are classes like Trig and Calculus, and Pre Calc. Hope I helped////!

Old 07-17-2007   #5
crazychika

u take Geometry then Alg.2 i did the same as u took Alg. 1 in 8th and then Geo. in 9th and 10th Alg.2 thats how it goes. bc u need to no stuff from Geo. for Alg 2

Old 07-17-2007   #6
jenna n

in my school, i went algebra1/2, geo, and now i'm doing algebra3/4.each part is for only a semmester....but if your school had you take algebra 1 for a whole year, then i'm sure the order they gave it to you in is perfect.

Old 07-17-2007   #7
UnknownPerson1027

I got A's in my Algebra I class and I got in Geometry Honors, and anyway, I know a lot of 10th graders with Algebra II.

Old 07-17-2007   #8
amanda

deffinitly take geometry. although it would seem as though algebra two should come next, geometry comes first and is the foundation for algebra 2