Quantcast How can I improve my Math score on the SAT???????????????? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-29-2007   #1
mel

Default How can I improve my Math score on the SAT????????????????

Please help!!
Old 07-29-2007   #2
notbad4aninja

Get a tutor.The 1st time I took the SAT I got 480 in math. I was also doing really bad in algebra class so I got a tutor to help me with my homework and stuff and after a couple months I took the test again and got 550.
Old 07-29-2007   #3
Wolfpacker

Math is an accumulation of knowledge, so you could study & memorize the theories, formulas & etc. Good luck!!!
Old 07-29-2007   #4
elle118

revise! the best way is to do lots of practice questions don't just read through the text book because it doesn't work! or you could get a maths tutor
Old 07-29-2007   #5
JoJo

Practice, Practice, Practice.I highly recommend buying SAT practice Math Books. They give great hints and you do a lot of practice problems. Remember to always time yourself with problems as if it were the real thing. When you take the real test you won't have 10 minutes to do one problem.I took the LSAT the first time and got a 152 and after a year of studying I went up to a 164 (this is a really high score)Go to amazon and get study books. Read what reviewers said about them as some of them are not good books.