Quantcast Geometry can some one help me please? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-27-2007   #1
caldera0313

Default Geometry can some one help me please?

1-Find the area of a trapezoid which has a measure of 7 meters for its height and 4 meters and 6 meters for its two bases?2-Find the perimeter and area of a rectangle with width 5 centimeters and length 16 centimeters?3-The legth of a rectangle is three times the width. the perimeter is 49 units. find the length.4-The length of a rectangular room is six times as long as the width. the perimeter is 84 yards. find the width?5-The width of a rectangle is 12 units less than the length.the perimeter is 108 units find the length?

Old 07-27-2007   #2
Jewel1016

I'll tell you how to do them, but I won't do them for you1. the formula for the area of a trapezoid is (base1+base2)(height)/2 so all you do is plug in the numbers2. You know the perimeter is equal to the sum of all the sides, so the equation is 2w+2L=P3. Using the equation from the above problem, the width=x and the length=3x, then solve4. Same problem, width=x, length=6x5. Once again, it is the same deal, width=x-12, length=x