Quantcast What is the better way to get the Job in teaching as a Mathematics teacher? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-26-2007   #1
MUDK

Default What is the better way to get the Job in teaching as a Mathematics teacher?

I have done the Masters in Mathematics and has no experience in tyhe field but as by fond I want to teach?

Old 07-26-2007   #2
Akira N

i dont know u should talk to a math teacher

Old 07-26-2007   #3
curmudgeon

math teachers are much sort after, but you better improve your English.

Old 07-26-2007   #4
Summer B

You should substitute teach for a while to gain experience. Do you have a teaching credential? Going to school to get your credential will help - they have lots of classes that help give you experience. Send your resume out to everyone under the sun and fill out lots of applications. You can teach at Junior/Community Colleges with a Masters but they want experience and the jobs are rarely full -time. Good Luck!

Old 07-26-2007   #5
Shanna S

You need a teaching certificate and experience.There are really two things you need to do.1. Contact middle and high school principals in your area and ask them about substitute teaching. They will give you the phone numbers. Generally sub don't need certificates. 2. Go on-line to the state website that represents the education part of government. Look up teaching certification. There you will find all the rules and regs in their glory to horrify you. Make a contact with the department so that you can cut through the jungle of requirements.Lastly, this is honestly awesome that you want to teach math. The principals will be very interested in learning about you. Some will even help you with certification. I wish it was standard, but it's very different in each state. Your Masters degree will compensate for some of your other requirements. You just have to start.Schools in some places are so desperate for teachers that they will often start teachers without full credentials. That's why you should talk to Principals. Be ready with your resume, so they know you have the goods, but not all the teaching creds.Good Luck.

Old 07-26-2007   #6
MikeInRI

It really depends on where you are looking to teach. I would suggest first you check out your state's department of education website. You can find it through using this link to the US Government's Department of Education website. Many states will help place you if you have or could have a teacher certificate already (sadly my state's department of ed isn't that friendly). Here is the link http://www.ed.gov/about/contacts/state/index.htmlGood Luck!!!