Quantcast how to make the kids genius in mathematics? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-29-2007   #1
annie

Default how to make the kids genius in mathematics?

i need some tips for the kids to increase the interest in maths
Old 07-29-2007   #2
lifes3ps

if its increasing interest, go with current fads and teach the probability and statistics behind poker.depends what grades your teaching tho.or you could specialize it to each kid, picking one of their favorite sports and teaching the math/physics behind them.
Old 07-29-2007   #3
AZNBOI

show them pics of people who do math as a living and show them wat they hav. also give them some games 2 play that involves math
Old 07-29-2007   #4
sophiesmom

We always played with our kids in the car:1. How many yellow cars do you see? 2, How many horses are in that pasture? 3. Candy to the first one to count............./4. First one to see an outhouse... you get the idea great with license plates also. Give them a notebook to write them down and keep totals in.We also took them to math and science exhibits (don't tell them that) like listening to a speaker leading them through an exhibit telling them what happened this year, how many bones this had, asking questions repeatedly to the kids.Even in cooking at home I would say I needed, oh, say 100 straws of spaghetti to cook for the family.This probably does not sound nearly as exciting as we always seemed to make it, but it did work in getting them into math. Thank God I have 3 grown children - 1 is genius, 1 right below and 1 upper level intelligence. Now grandson 1 has just been announced up there with them so we did something right.
Old 07-29-2007   #5
raz

My dad would introduce me to mathematics that was beyond what we were doing in school. For example he taught me how to multiply two digits by two digits when I was just learning the basic multiplication up to 5 x 5. Also our family trips were to museums and other places near by. When we were out he would be sure to teach us about the stuff that was there. At the amusement park, we were learning about the different forces long before we took physics. We also played with circits (batteries and stuff), chemistry sets, and my dads workshop (wood and stuff, he builds houses). The point is to try to make mathematics and science a part of daily life. By not separating math and science, you may make the activities a bit more interesting. Also you can find books on math projects (as well as science projects) for kids.