Quantcast Going into ninth grade geometry, need help with study tips? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-28-2007   #1
soccerkid18693

Default Going into ninth grade geometry, need help with study tips?

I can never remember formulas.... other than sheer memorizations...
Old 07-28-2007   #2
April W

Try to figure out WHY the formula works. Try to understand what you're doing that makes it work. Other than that, just keep working with the formula in different situations and pratcice, practice, practice.
Old 07-28-2007   #3
lodiva1bw

I had geometry this past year. Get ready for a BAD experience if u luved Algebra. (Like me!) I HATED geo, but there aren't many formulas to remember. Its more PROOFS, (U'll learn what they r when u get there!) but for the things u do learn, you will need to memorize THEOREMS and DEFINITIONS. U should make flash cards, and make sure that even if you don't have any homework, you study bc it will help u memorize, and u will do much better on tests. Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK!! =)
Old 07-28-2007   #4
fire_fly306

Try makeing studying more fun like study with a friend or a couple. Hold a study party! Or put the geometry into terms that you are familar with, like soccer! Flash cards always make things e-z-er, study a couple formulas per night and then before you know it you will know the formula for finding the circumference of a circle (3.14 X the diameter).