Quantcast geometry help? Parallelism? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-25-2007   #1
babbaler

Default geometry help? Parallelism?

Okay so I can not begin to understand even the lesson itself, and I am not prepared to christmas tree the test. So here it is:is AB || CD: 1. If angle 4 = 60° and angle 5 = 60°? A maybeB 15C yesD noE it possibly might beF none of the aboveLook I need a explaination of what she's asking(in lameins terms). The point is she ONLY provided me with examples of word problems and now I am confused at what she's asking.It would also be great is any of you knew of a website that relates to this. Thank you, community.I gave you this example to show exactly what I am talking about, I just need a perfect explaination so I can comprehend the lesson.You can use your own examples for paralism, I really don't mind. Please go into detail and break every little step down-it would help bunches.

Old 07-25-2007   #2
jsardi56

We can't help you without a diagram.

Old 07-25-2007   #3
luisa_mapacha

The word is "layman's" terms.

Old 07-25-2007   #4
BeckyBeq

Without the diagram, it's impossible to tell. Here are some sites that give basic geometry help. Hopefully they can help you out.http://www.mathleague.com/help/geome.../geometry.html

Old 07-25-2007   #5
dylan k

you don't show what angles correspond to angle 4 or 5, but there's a simple way to find the answer:AB means line AB, ie, a line that PASSES THROUGH point A and B. the same with line CD.when two lines are parallel, it means that they will never intersect each other, even if each line was infinitely long. Mathematically what this means is that lines AB and CD have the same slope. Do you know how to calculate the slope of each line? each point has an X and a Y number, ieA = (Ax,Ay) whereAx = x-coordinateAy = Y coordinateto calculate the slope, compute:slope = rise/run = (By-Ay)/(Bx-Ax)slope(of line CD) = (Dy-Cy)/(Dx-Cx)if these two numbers are the same, the lines are parallel