Quantcast i hate math? - XP Math - Forums
XP Math Home Sign Up FREE! | Sign In | Classroom Setup | Common Core Alignment PDF Version

Go Back   XP Math - Forums > Welcome > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-25-2007   #1
lala l

Default i hate math?

AHHWHY IS ITTHATMATHIS SO BORING? or why am i just cursed to hate math and be soo bad at itim amazing at art and englishbut mathahh im just about the worst person everr when it comes to mathhow can i make math more enjoyablei have a tutor coming in 15 minutesand honestlyid rather DIE than do mathno jokepleasee help my hate for mathh
Old 07-25-2007   #2
Fly On The Wall

Math is as interesting as YOU make it. You've made up your mind that you hate it. Think of it like a crossword puzzle. There are specific rules, and you just have to work at it until you figure out the little puzzle. That's all math is. One little puzzle after another.Ask one of the students in your class to help you see how it works from time to time -- trust me, there are geeky boys in your class who are good at math who would gladly exchange their math insight for a little help on their social skills.
Old 07-25-2007   #3
chicka88

I hated math until I was in high school. Before that, I didn't understand why I had to know math, as it seemed like everything we were learning had no real application in the real world. Also, I wasn't very good at math in Elementary and Middle school because we weren't allowed to use calculators and I STILL haven't memorized my multiplication tables.Now I'm in college, I'm a math minor, and I've taken (and even enjoyed) higher level math courses.My advice is to find ways that you can apply math to the real world. Because really, what you're learning may seem pointless, but if you find an application for it outside of word problems from your math book, it will be much more interesting.If that doesn't work, I just suggest that you **** it up, do the best you can, and work hard to succeed in your strengths (English and Art). There's no life requirement that you have to enjoy math!
Old 07-25-2007   #4
FALLENMALAK

HI, Counting is very important, would'nt you agree? Math is a very important, math is a science and without it, nothing would be here, the universe is built upon mathematics, and everything in life depends and relies on it. Your age is based on mathematics, money, time,school, appointments, hourly wages, etc. the list is endless. So treat math as a FRIEND, because we all rely and depend on it in our daily lives. I hope this has been helpful and will inspire you.
Old 07-25-2007   #5
praniti

dont hate maths just try to luv it solve many questions of same type, thn u will get interest in doing more questions coz thn u ill start understandin d concept.......................u cant leave maths so just try to accept it in ur lifeand try to enjoyon d other hand its a very scoring subject...so try to understand itand do a lot of practice....
Old 07-25-2007   #6
original_pet

When you do math, you are working out certain muscles in your brain. Math is a very hard workout for those muscles but helps them to get stronger. Math is about seeing choices and choosing the right one, every time.So, the more you do math the better you will be at making good choices.