Common Core Other Grades 2, 3, 4
Common Core Grade 5 Math Games
- Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- Analyze patterns and relationships.
- Understand the place value system.
- Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
- Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subtract fractions.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
- Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system.
- Represent and interpret data.
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
- Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
Common Core Grade 6 Math Games
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- Multiply and divide multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.
Common Core Grade 7 Math Games
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.
Common Core Grade 8 Math Games
- Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers.
- Work with radicals and integer exponents.
- Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
- Use functions to model relationships between quantities.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres.
- Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data.
©Copyright 2001-2013 T. L. Hui, email@example.com